Monday, October 18, 2010
By kingsley okoli
1. You unwrap all your gifts carefully, so that you
can re-use the wrapper.
2. You call a person you've never met before uncle or
3. More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in
your home are illegal copies
4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you
never throw anything away, just in case you need it
someday.(a gum boot without a partner and the baby
walker - baby's now 12 and you are 48)
5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles
from your stays at hotels. (Go cool, Sweet heart,
6. You have almost always carried overweight baggage
when traveling by plane.
7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a
product, then each member of the family will join
separate queues to purchase the maximum quantity
possible. (Sugar, soap, rice, cooking fat etc during
old good days)
8. All children have annoying nicknames.
9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are
coming over for a visit. (Uncle, wife, sis-in-law,
two nephews and a neighbour) have camped at home.
10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks
at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt
11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her
sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
12. You only make phone calls at a cheaper rate
at night or weekends otherwise you sms.
13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at
the airport or see you off even if it is a local
14. You keep 50 cent credit to make miscalls when you run out of airtime
15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to
your home.(Yes, staple machine, office pins, punch
machine, cello tapes, post-its, etc.)
16. When you are young, your parents buy you clothes
and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they
would last longer.
17.U buy the most expensive car,even if u have a house in bad condition.so your buddy can see how classy u are.
18.U looked around at your mother funeral to see who is not there and so u can take revenge when their loved one pass on.
19.Your wardrobe is full of clothes and you dont have a single investment.may be a few thousand dollars that you save.
Note: Pass it on to other Africans, so they can know
what truly makes them African.